Mini (Clean!) Chocolate Souffles:
- Olive oil non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 6 tbsp honey, divided
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray the bottom of four sinle serving ramekins.
- In a heavy saucepan combine the cocoa and flour. Add milk and 3 tbsp of honey and whisk smooth.
- Cook, stirring, over low-medium heat until thick, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a small mixing bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining honey and continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 cup of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten; then gently fold in remaining whites. Divide mixture evenly into the prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until puffy and set. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 140, Total Fats: 1g, Sodium: 37mg, Total Carbs: 33g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Suagr: 28g, Protein 4g
Today was my first attempt at a frittata. And it was a success! It was delicious. You can use different veggies, herbs, and spices to create unique flavours in your frittata so definitely experiment. You really can’t go wrong. You can also add salt if you wish. This is how to make the one I made this morning.
What You Need
- 3 large whole eggs
- 3 servings Original Egg Beaters (1/4 cup per serving)
- 85g green peppers
- 50g portobello mushrooms
- 2oz ham
- 31g onion
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 piece Mini Babybel Light Original cheese
- 1tbspn sriracha sauce
- 1tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- Herbs/spices of choice (sodium free): garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, ground pepper.
1. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
2. While the oven is heating up, chop up all of your veggies in small pieces. Make sure they’re all mostly the same size so that they cook evenly. And chop up the ham as well.
3. Once chopped, heat a non-stick skillet until hot. **DO NOT SAUTEE THE SPINACH. IT WILL BE ADDED AT THE END** Sautee the ham first until the sides slightly brown and curl. Add the veggies and the olive oil and sautee until veggies are soft. Don’t overcook them! Lower the temperature to med-low if you need to. Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder over your stirfry.
4. As your veggies are sauteeing, crack the eggs into a separate bowl, add the egg beaters. Whisk until well blended. Stir in the sriracha sauce and any herbs/spices you want. A few dashed of each will suffice. Don’t overdo it.
5. Grab a 8x8 pan or a pie pan. Coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray. Don’t overdo it.
6. Set the ham/veggies aside and let them cool down for about 2min. Then pour them into the oven pan. Next, pour the egg mixture over top of the veggies. Mix well to evenly distribute the egg mixture and veggies. Next, sprinkle the spinach on top. Then grate the cheese on top of everything. Sprinkle any final herbs/spices.
7. Once your oven is ready, place the pan inside and cook for 25-35minutes. The sides should start getting slightly browned. That’s when it’s pretty much ready.
8. After it’s done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into 1/2 and enjoy!
Calories: 250 per serving
slice a banana in half and then insert popsicle sticks into each of the halves. roll the banana into an ounce of low fat yogurt. put them into the freezer!
Low Fat Guacamole
24 Calories for 1/4 cup 3.6 carbohydrates 2g protein
* 10-ounce pack of frozen peas
* 1/2 small ripe avocado
* 1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed
* 1/2 ripe tomato, de-seeded and chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
* Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Cook peas according to package instructions. Empty into a colander, drain and rinse with cold water. Place peas, avocado and cilantro in a blender and blend to desired consistency. Spoon into a bowl with chopped tomato and onion. Add a squeeze of lime juice, stir and serve.
Skinny Ranch Dip
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1/2 • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt
Calories: 41.3 • Fat: 3.5 g • Protein: 0.8 g • Carb: 1.7 g • Fiber: 0.2 g
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and serve. Keeps refrigerated for about 2 days.
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped scallion
- salt and fresh pepper
Baked Chicken Parmesan
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 224.5 • Fat: 8.6 g • Protein: 25.1 g • Carb: 14.2 g • Fiber: 1.3 g
- 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used 4C whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Sargento)
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Made this for dinner tonight! :D
I skipped the butter part, and instead of Parmesan I used some random seasoning. I made the breadcrumbs myself by putting 1 slice of 45-calorie bread into a blender, baking it for 5 minutes, and adding a teaspoon of olive oil.
It turned out delicious. I let everyone taste it, and they thought so too! :D
Robot Heart Recipes Test Kitchen: 10 Easy Vegetarian Breakfasts
So even though your kitchen may find itself abuzz with holiday food prep and cookie baking this week, you (and your house guests) still need to eat breakfast, right? Here is a list of Robot Heart Recipes Test Kitchen Approved quick, easy, and healthy vegetarian (some are vegan too!) breakfast ideas to keep your holiday motor running!
50 EASY 3-INGREDIENT BREAKFASTS
1. Steel-cut oatmeal, low-fat plain yogurt, ground flaxseeds
2. Eggs, diced tomatoes and mushrooms
3. Broiled grapefruit with honey and cinnamon
4. Grilled salmon and asparagus with a poached egg on top
5. Whole-grain waffles with berries and a drizzle of maple syrup
6. Yogurt (your choice of flavor and type), fruit (mix and match with the yogurt flavor) and granola or cereal (again, any of your favorites will do)
7. Avocado, mango and Greek yogurt, pureed in a blender
8. A whole-wheat English muffin, one egg and a MorningStar maple-flavored vegetarian sausage patty
9. Steel-cut oatmeal, shredded zucchini and crumbled goat cheese
10. Plain Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries and a drizzle of real maple syrup
11. Cooked oatmeal, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 sliced banana
12. Whole-wheat English muffin with egg and tomato
13. Sautéed spinach and onions sprinkled with cheese
14. Cottage cheese, cucumber and rice cakes
15. Carb Balance flour tortilla, scrambled egg and smoked salmon
16. Half a cup of black beans, half a cup of a sweet onion and 2/3 cup frozen corn sautéed together into a hash
17. Eggs scambled with 1 roma tomato & fresh spinach
18. Wheat toast, peanut butter and sliced bananas
19. Trader Joe’s organic High Fiber O’s, fresh blueberries and skim milk
20. Whole-wheat sourdough toast topped with smoked salmon and Greek yogurt
21. 1 cup homemade yogurt, 1 organic banana and 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries blended into a smoothie
22. Freezer pancakes (pancakes you made over the weekend, frozen, then reheated in the microwave—that counts as one ingredient, right?) topped with frozen berries warmed in the microwave and a little butter
23. Chopped fresh baby spinach and diced red peppers sauteed in olive oil and scrambled with eggs
24. Corn tortilla scrambled together with one egg and fresh salsa
25. Quinoa with pears and vanilla
26. Honey-roasted peanut butter spread on a banana and rolled in coconut
27. Sauté chopped chard until almost wilted, make a hole in the center, crack an egg into the hole and cook. Serve with a slice of whole-wheat toast.
28. Almond butter, whole-wheat toast and raisins
29. A packet of oatmeal, one container of light yogurt and one piece of whatever fruit strikes my fancy for the day!
30. A small serving of last night’s leftovers, a piece of in-season fruit and a small glass of milk
31. Black rye bread with slices of a salted avocado
32. Take one whole egg (and one egg white) and scramble with a fork in a cereal bowl. Chop one wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese and scatter it over the egg. Top with 1/4 cup fresh salsa, and then microwave until desired consistency is reached.
33. Traditional oats (uncooked), almond milk and chia seeds.
34. Chopped cantaloupe or melon, mint and plain yogurt
35. Whole-wheat waffle, natural peanut butter, sliced bananas
36. Greek yogurt, cubed Granny Smith apple, freshly toasted sliced almonds
37. Grits with soy cheese and a poached egg
38. Protein pancakes with almond butter and banana
39. Chia pudding (vanilla almond milk & chia seeds) with fresh blueberries
40. Kashi cereal, Silk soymilk and fresh fruit
41. Toasted sprouted-grain English muffin, scrambled Egg Beaters and low-fat cheese
42. Plain yogurt, granola, agave nectar.
43. Fresh fruit, whole-wheat toast and two eggs
44. Eggs, oatmeal and fruit
45. 1/2 of a Fiber One English muffin, 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese and a peach
46. Greek yogurt, fresh berries & Stevia smoothie
47. Whole-wheat flax waffle, Greek yogurt, fresh-picked raspberries
48. 9-grain toasted baguette topped, tomato slice and egg
49. 1/2 cup scrambled Egg Beaters, a slice of soy cheese and almond milk
50. Summer vegetable hash with poached eggs and toasted nori
What’s your favorite 3-ingredient breakfast?
NO EXCUSE TO SKIP!
1: Sixty calories and a whole bunch of protein and fiber?
2. Spread some hummus on that, a tablespoon or so.
3. Take some lettuce, throw it on there down the middle. I like baby greens, but you know, whatever.
4. Add a whole bunch of vegetables. I like to add slivered carrots, tomatoes, corn, peas, whatever. Add whatever you want.
5. Slivered almonds make it rain.
6. Roll it up.